The Fort Worth Association of Professional Landmen (“FWAPL”) Â as we know it today was founded in 1952 as the Fort Worth Landmen’s Association (“FWLA”). Â The Â FWLA was organized by some of Fort Worth’s early oil pioneers to bring landmen together to exchange information and network with one another. Â Those early with meetings were held in the Longhorn Room of the Western Hill Hotel.
Over the years, the FWAPL has had many Presidents, some of which are posted on the website. Most important though, has been the support of the local Membership. Â The community of Landmen in Fort Worth is reflective of many of the characteristics Fort Worth Â posses; tight knit, aligned and dedicated to making things better.
In it’s recent history, the FWAPL has raised and donated over $100,000.00 to local charities in a one (1) year period. Â Extraordinary for a small, but growing, local Association. Extraordinary enough to be recognized by its national organization, the American Association of Professional Landmen (“AAPL”) as the leading local organization in the Nation in charity giving.
Of that fact we are very proud, and dedicated to continuing the traditions started those many years ago by our predecessors.